Skip to main content

HAIKU MY HEART: Granddaughter's Wedding


Normally, photos I use are my own, 
but since I was unable to travel 
to Cancun for granddaughter's wedding, 
I'm using those that were shared by those who were there.


long-time together
now blessed to be united

 as husband and wife




devoted sister, 
helper from start to finish

THE day… now... relax!


Granddaughter and grandson, 
Please remember...
Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, 
it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, 
always hopes, always perseveres.

sharing with 
the radiant Rebecca 
at
HAIKU MY HEART


Hoosier Quote:
“It is a disquieting fact (but a fact) that people are more often loved for their imperfection than for their inimitable righteousness.”
~Lloyd C. Douglas~




Comments

I'm celebrating with you. Best wishes to the entire family!
Unknown said…
Beautiful family, thank you for sharing...
Laura said…
Your granddaughters are both so beautiful. May the bride and groom's love deepen and expand as the years pass. Congratulations Norma!
Nonnie said…
thank you, Laura
Nonnie said…
yea, do you hear our glasses ringing as we toast?
carol l mckenna said…
Wonderful and loving post about your granddaughter's wedding ~ lovely haiku ~ Beautiful bride and family ~

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol
rebecca said…
oh nonnie your family is so beautiful! thank you for sharing this blessing of love. (she looks like you!)
xoxo
Nonnie said…
oh, Rebecca, thank you for the kind thought. I love them so much.
Nonnie said…
thank you, Stephanie
Lea said…
Congratulations Nonnie! I am so happy that you you were able to share your beautiful family and this wonderful occasion with us all. Thank you!
What a gorgeous girl and they are an exquisite couple! Congratulations!!!! Wishing them a lifetime of happiness!!
J C said…
You have a lovely family, Nonnie. Thank you for sharing this glorious time.
Meri said…
What a lovely bridal party! Glad you could be there is spirit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 355

click here for other cool shots! Blue lights reflected, the date of our fam'ly's start, makes this endearing.

Pondering about My Blog

I've been through quite a bit these past months that I haven't posted.  First, packing and moving and then unpacking . The first step of unpacking was my taking down boxes that were five and six boxes high.  About two weeks after I’d moved and was in the midst of unpacking, I developed horrendous pain in my ribs. I slathered on my gel I use to alleviate Fibromyalgia pain. Realizing that even that was not helping. Trying to make a long story short- Asked for pain pills No help; asked for another kind Doctor wanted to see me Went in- he didn’t understand why I was still in pain Sent me to get x-rays Diagnosis: compressed fracture in my 9th vertebra Cause: osteporosis Now on meds for that I’ve discovered that anytime I overdo, pain comes back, not quite full-blown, but enough that I must stop doing whatever I’m doing. That includes sitting at my computer writing. I wanted to bring my friends up-to-date; I’m pondering whether I should stop blogging altogether o

Quirky Poem

Have humans sat here? Not recently, I think. Perhaps a snow couple rested for a while, and the shadowy remnants of them remain. more Cool Clicks