Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 319

other signs here
Sign in middle school
library, for those liking
a diff'rent approach.

A visit from a Holocaust survivor/author brought me to this school library. I appreciate the new genre name given to books that were called comic books in my youth.  Certainly it will be more enticing to many young readers.  I think that however one can lead reluctant readers to love leisure reading is worthwhile.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

I agree. I recently discovered a graphic novel that a friend's daughter was reading and she graciously let me borrow it. It was quite entertaining - and not as easy a read as the old comic books were!

EG CameraGirl said...

From what have seen, particularly boys are drawn to this genre. I think this is a good thing.

RedPat said...

I agree - getting them to read and enjoy it is the point!

Andy said...

I prefer comic books. Political correctness turns me off.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I agree with you! There are several book-bloggers I read who actually review graphic novels once in a while (and they're not kids)....I haven't read one although I've browsed through a couple in bookstores -- I think there's a difference between them and comic books (or at least the way comic books were when I was a regular reader of them, admittedly a zillion years ago ;>)!

ewok1993 said...

How graphic is graphic :)

Pat said...

"Graphic" to me means a whole different thing! But, nobody asked me so, "graphic novels" it is!

Danielle said...

I totally agree....graphic novels are actually quite a bit different than what our comic books were.....a lot more dialogue....my daughter has a floor to ceiling bookcase filled with them and they are getting quite worn

GB said...

I've seen Shades of Grey described as a Graphic Novel but I assumes your notice refers to quite a different genre.