Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Friday, November 2, 2012

At James' Weekend Reflections: Day of the Dead

linking to James' Weekend Reflections
Yes, I know that Halloween is past, but today is All Souls Day or as Mexico titles it-
Dia de los Muertos. So I feel that it is suitable.Yesterday was All Saints Day in the Catholic faith.  Father gave us a little history about this holy day-
Each time there was a martyr for his/her faith, a day was memorialized for that person.  Through the years, there were more martyrs than days in a year.  Thus, All Saints Day was formed.
I like the idea of honoring the dead the way the faithful do in Mexico. Years ago, a student's parent, originally from Mexico, celebrated Day of the Dead with my class. It impacted my first graders and me.
This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page there is shown below. 
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository.
File:Mexico-Day of the Dead altar.jpg
Day of the Dead altar photographed by Steve Bridges

4 comments:

HansHB said...

Nice photos, lovely colours!

'Tsuki said...

Halloween is indeed past, but there is no time like the present to enjoy it, specially with a good reflection !

I went on the same path than you...

http://lunedemaledaumon.blogspot.fr/2012/11/week-end-reflection-contest-reflection.html

Audrey said...

joli

paix a nos morts..

Susan said...

New blog! Yay! I see you as an added follower, so it must have been a little time delay.
Thanks for stopping by. I've been really hit or miss on blogging for a long time. With winter approaching, I hope to be a little more active again.
Why not post a little after Halloween image? It works for me.