Skip to main content

In Need of a Boost in Writing

Times when I stumble onto a path that leads nowhere in writing, I often get a boost from a book titled 
by Jill Badonsky

So today I availed myself of it because I have been extremely negligent in even my daily journaling let alone writing beyond that. The following are my efforts today:

Awe-Manac November 15, 2012
Daily Soul Vitamin: I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life-and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.
~Georgia O’Keeffe~

Toast of the Day: Here’s to the feeling of a just-cleaned refrigerator.

Awe-servances: Happy Birthday to: 
Georgia O’Keeffe, 1887, artist who often transformed her subject matter into powerful abstract images.
America Recycles Day
National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

Aha-phrodisiacs: Georgia O’Keeffe said, “One can’t paint New York as it is, but rather as it is felt.”
Make a list of things you would like to paint according to how they are felt rather than how they are.  Make a list of thing you would like to write about describing an emotion rather than describing details.
Recycle a piece of writing you have-edit out words changing words to ones you like better, taking a piece of the middle and putting it in the beginning taking words out so that the essence of the piece remains in poetic form, etc.  Recycle. 
Recycling a haiku poem:
Original:
Photography
Searching, in quest for
The  essence  of outstanding
Matchless photo shots.

Recycled:
Capturing Everyday Actions
Probing, a mission
for the essence of unique
captures of life. 

Dose of Mirth: I hate flowers. I only paint them because they’re cheaper than models and they don’t move.
~Georgia O’Keeffe~
I am disappointed that O’Keeffe felt this way about painting flowers because she had an artistic touch that made me feel in awe of how she was able to paint the essence of a flower’s beauty.  I don’t paint flowers, but I never tire capturing God’s presence in each blossom and tree.

Journal Juju: Write how it feels to clean out your refrigerator even if you do not actually do it.

Emotions While Cleaning Out the Fridge
Dipping sponge in hand into the warm, soapy water, I hate the fact that my finger tips will soon burn.  Water, especially cold water, splits the corners of the flesh around my nails.  I sit on the stool trying to avoid the back pain that will come from having to lean into the refrigerator.  Next I feel as if someone is tightening wires connected to my neck.  The pressure of the wire builds  until my head will explode in order to cease the discomfort.  
Is it any wonder that I dread swabbing out the fridge?

Fooof and Body Temple Potion Challenge: Prepare something that is both fun and healthy to eat.  Optional: share it.  I'm considering cutting up an apple for my lunch in a creative way.  If I succeed in that effort, I'll add a photo of it with you later in an update.








Comments

Chubskulit Rose said…
The apples looks appetizing!

Reminiscing
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team
GB said…
But did you eat your apple in a creative way?

Popular posts from this blog

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 355

click here for other cool shots! Blue lights reflected, the date of our fam'ly's start, makes this endearing.

Pondering about My Blog

I've been through quite a bit these past months that I haven't posted.  First, packing and moving and then unpacking . The first step of unpacking was my taking down boxes that were five and six boxes high.  About two weeks after I’d moved and was in the midst of unpacking, I developed horrendous pain in my ribs. I slathered on my gel I use to alleviate Fibromyalgia pain. Realizing that even that was not helping. Trying to make a long story short- Asked for pain pills No help; asked for another kind Doctor wanted to see me Went in- he didn’t understand why I was still in pain Sent me to get x-rays Diagnosis: compressed fracture in my 9th vertebra Cause: osteporosis Now on meds for that I’ve discovered that anytime I overdo, pain comes back, not quite full-blown, but enough that I must stop doing whatever I’m doing. That includes sitting at my computer writing. I wanted to bring my friends up-to-date; I’m pondering whether I should stop blogging altogether o

Quirky Poem

Have humans sat here? Not recently, I think. Perhaps a snow couple rested for a while, and the shadowy remnants of them remain. more Cool Clicks