Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 Days of Virgin Mary: on My Home Altar


This is my home altar.  Most of the sacred objects were gifts to me, many from my Catholic first grade students.
One exception is the icon at the upper right of the white statue of Mary.  That was a gift from my cousin.  She bought it for me when she went to Alaska from a Russian Orthodox church gift store.  I love that it is unique among my other Mary images.


Peacefully she prays,
our loving Blessed Mother, 
intercedes for me.

linking to  Recuerda mi Corazon



13 comments:

Delphyne said...

Beautiful altar, Norma - so peaceful to gaze upon.

Forest Dream Weaver said...

The icon is beautiful - a wonderful gift.Two different faces of Mary and both equally tranquil.
Happy Tuesday!
Ruby

Lisa at Greenbow said...

A comforting place.

Gloria said...

Very nice altar Norma. One could find comfort in it. Thank you.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A peaceful prayer from a peaceful Mary...for you...for me...for all. Amen.

Mary of the Menorah

redondowriter said...

You must take great comfort in visiting your altar daily. So many sacred memories.

Norma Ruttan said...

amen
I long for that virtue of peace.

Norma Ruttan said...

It is, with its being next to my kitchen table.

judie said...

This is a nice alter. I especially like the Russian icon.

Carol L McKenna said...

Beautiful altar to Our Lady ~ what a treasure! ~ blessings to you ~

(A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

rebecca said...

lovely and comforting....as are you.

Lenora said...

all the details, all your stories of home.. encompassed

Kateri said...

Love your statues of Our Lady. And love this little poem...