Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Vintage Weekly: A Man and His Car

MG car
before I knew him
loved his car

By the time I met this handsome fella,
he was driving something not sporty,
a very plain black 1957 Chevy.
He and I married in 1958.
We kept the car till 1962
when we were expecting
our third child.
We bought a red (my color idea)
station wagon;
he gave the Chevy to my
younger brother.
He drove it till it was worn down.
All three of us were saddened
to see the '57 Chevy
become a classic in later years.
Who'd a thunk that a car 
so plain looking 
would rise so high?

visit Vintage Weekly


 

6 comments:

GB said...

Perhaps not so high as the beautiful MG though!

Jane said...

Lovely shot and nice car too, thanks for sharing:)

Norma Ruttan said...

You are so right, GB! Our oldest had an MGB 30 years ago, but I was allowed to drive it one time. It was the greatest car I've ever driven! I was driving along, my hubby says to me, "Honey, you're driving ___ mph!" I slowed down immediately. I had no idea because the MGB handles so well and takes curves so easily. :)

Al said...

A classic indeed, and what a great old scanned photo!

Scriptor Senex said...

I love the MG - it was my favourite car and I still miss my Matchbox series model of it! (That was the nearest I got to owning one).

Norma Ruttan said...

Once I got to drive an MGB, but never a beauty like this one! What happened to your Matchbox MG? Did it get lost in a sandbox? I ask that because lots of tea spoons disappeared from the drawer because of my kids using them to dig in the ground and sandbox. :)