Skip to main content

Holy Day

Today is a Holy Day of Obligation
 in the Roman Catholic Church, whereas
the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
is celebrated.  
'Although it is not mentioned in scripture, the Assumption of Mary has been a solidly held belief of our faith since apostolic times. It has been celebrated liturgically since the 6th century AD.
The Assumption of Mary was declared a dogma (a divinely revealed truth) of the Catholic Church by Pope Pius XII in 1950 when he proclaimed, in a document entitled Munificentissimus Deus,' “The Immaculate Mother of God, the ever-virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heaven.”
I edited, using PicMonkey's Spotlight
on Mary's image.
 I attended the 8:15 a.m. Mass at my parish church.
What a glorious feeling I felt
with a big part of the church
filled with 
the students who attend
St. Mary Elementary School 
and Blessed John Paul II Middle School.
There is no sound better to me than
the voices of children in song and praise.
May Mary bless you day!
Almighty and eternal God, 
who hast taken up into the glory of Heaven, 
with body and soul, 
the immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of thy son: 
grant us, we pray, 
that we may always strive after heavenly things 
and thus merit to share in her glory. 
Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 355

click here for other cool shots! Blue lights reflected, the date of our fam'ly's start, makes this endearing.

Pondering about My Blog

I've been through quite a bit these past months that I haven't posted.  First, packing and moving and then unpacking . The first step of unpacking was my taking down boxes that were five and six boxes high.  About two weeks after I’d moved and was in the midst of unpacking, I developed horrendous pain in my ribs. I slathered on my gel I use to alleviate Fibromyalgia pain. Realizing that even that was not helping. Trying to make a long story short- Asked for pain pills No help; asked for another kind Doctor wanted to see me Went in- he didn’t understand why I was still in pain Sent me to get x-rays Diagnosis: compressed fracture in my 9th vertebra Cause: osteporosis Now on meds for that I’ve discovered that anytime I overdo, pain comes back, not quite full-blown, but enough that I must stop doing whatever I’m doing. That includes sitting at my computer writing. I wanted to bring my friends up-to-date; I’m pondering whether I should stop blogging altogether o

Quirky Poem

Have humans sat here? Not recently, I think. Perhaps a snow couple rested for a while, and the shadowy remnants of them remain. more Cool Clicks