Skip to main content

A Virgin A Day: Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

O Virgin Mother of God, Mary Immaculate,
We dedicate and consecrate ourselves to you 
under the title of
May this Medal be for each one of us a sure sign 
of your affection for us
 and a constant reminder of our duties toward you.
Ever while wearing it, 
may we be blessed by your loving protections
 and preserved in the grace of your son.  
O Most Powerful Virgin, 
Mother of our Savior,
keep us close to you every moment of our lives.  
Obtain for us, your children, 
the grace of a happy death; 
so that in union with you, 
we may enjoy the bliss of Heaven forever. 
Amen 

It is important to note as well that, 
as with all sacramentals, 
the Miraculous Medal is not some “lucky charm”. 
Keep in mind also that in expressing devotion to Mary, 
we do not worship her, 
as many Christians in other denominations, 
especially some Evangelicals, believe, 
but rather honor her in her devotion to our Lord! 
As the popular saying goes “to Jesus through Mary.” 
Remember also her last words in Scripture, 
which could almost be her motto, 
in which she told the attendants at the wedding feast of Cana
“Do whatever he [Jesus] tells you.” (John 2:5)

linking to 
the loving Rebecca at her 




Comments

MeOfCourse said…
Well said Norma. Love your contribution. Happy days to you.
redondowriter said…
I have seen this image so often on prayer cards and your personal explanation of how you honor her gave me an insight into your spiritual personality.
Priti.Lisa said…
I am never without my medal...never.
I think it reminds me to act with grace
and love...to choose love even when my blood is boiling!
I touch my thought to calm myself. ♥ ♥ ♥
Norma Ruttan said…
excellent idea, Lisa! thanks for sharing that.
Thank you for sharing this. The image is beautiful,I always love the old roses.

Happy Friday!
Ruby

Popular posts from this blog

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 355

click here for other cool shots! Blue lights reflected, the date of our fam'ly's start, makes this endearing.

Pondering about My Blog

I've been through quite a bit these past months that I haven't posted.  First, packing and moving and then unpacking . The first step of unpacking was my taking down boxes that were five and six boxes high.  About two weeks after I’d moved and was in the midst of unpacking, I developed horrendous pain in my ribs. I slathered on my gel I use to alleviate Fibromyalgia pain. Realizing that even that was not helping. Trying to make a long story short- Asked for pain pills No help; asked for another kind Doctor wanted to see me Went in- he didn’t understand why I was still in pain Sent me to get x-rays Diagnosis: compressed fracture in my 9th vertebra Cause: osteporosis Now on meds for that I’ve discovered that anytime I overdo, pain comes back, not quite full-blown, but enough that I must stop doing whatever I’m doing. That includes sitting at my computer writing. I wanted to bring my friends up-to-date; I’m pondering whether I should stop blogging altogether o

Quirky Poem

Have humans sat here? Not recently, I think. Perhaps a snow couple rested for a while, and the shadowy remnants of them remain. more Cool Clicks