Random Five Friday
Jan. 10, 2014
1. I’ve been in nostalgic mode
since I discovered photos
of my family taken during
the season of Christmas 1965.
2. In those days, we had at least three different family gatherings-
First- at either my cousin’s or her mother’s home
for the Kern side of the family.
Second- at my husband’s sister’s home.
Third- the one in our home on Christmas Day
with our 3 kids (youngest not yet born), my brother and my parents.
3. I was without water for two days this week;
thankfully I had filled all available containers with water,
and had done all my laundry
before Tuesday the 7th when I discovered water pipes had frozen.
4. I am blessed that I had the money
to pay for a plumber to thaw out the pipes.
And I’m grateful for a well-heated home and food to eat.
5. One of my favorite people came to have coffee with me today.
She always spends a bit of January 11 with me.
(It’s the anniversary of my husband’s death.)
She brightens and entertains me with her chatting .
She will be working tomorrow so she came today.
Then she surprised me by carting me off to join her mom at the movies,
an added bonus- movie popcorn!
Thank you, dear friend!
and linking to