Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Small Stones, Day 20: Wash Day Memories

Memories of winter wash days 
are mostly interwoven with odors- 
the fresh smell of just-washed clothes 
hanging on lines strung across the kitchen,
the aroma of cornbread fresh from the oven, 
the bouquet of fried potatoes mixed with onions 
simmering on the stove,
and the scent of the beans scooped into our bowls.
Ahh… my tummy now rumbles in anticipation, 
as if it were all taking place right now.

3 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

I share the same memories. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Caren Gittleman said...

you just made me hungry :)

Claire said...

How have I missed your lovely small stones?? Well, I'm a follower now, so I can keep up :)