Skip to main content

My Random 5 for March 28, 2014


1. I am anxiously waiting for my friends to arrive for our Friday Night Book Club.  The book we’ll be discussing is Victims by Jonathan Kellerman.  Afterwards we decided to read something more light-hearted for our April meeting. So we will be reading The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
  
2. Yesterday evening was Eucharistic Devotion which ended with the dedication of a Rosary made from the funeral roses of our beloved Father Keane.  The rosary now hangs on the hand of the stunning statue of the Blessed Mother.  I am using an image I have shown before.  I neglected to take my camera last night so I will update Mary’s image with the new rosary as soon as I can. 


3. A book I ordered on Tuesday from Amazon arrived just a few minutes ago.  It is entitled Surviving the Angel of Death: the Story of a Mengele Twin in Auschwitz by Eva Kor. 
I saw a live stream of Eva on a university’s site.  I had already read a different book by another Holocaust survivor.  It was called Sevek and the Holocaust: The Boy Who Refused to Die by Sidney Finkel.  You can read about his presentation at a nearby school on my old blog-Scrappy Grams.  That post can be found here.  I lost my Scrappy Grams’ dashboard so that I could no longer write on that blog.  It saddened me, but as you can see, I’ve moved on.

4. I am still wrestling with the idea of having only one blog.  I started Faith in a Bottle to share my faith with others, but I see many whom I admire write all their posts, spiritual and otherwise on one blog.  Then I think, “Do I just dump one or do I create another new one?”   hmm…

5. I saw on Facebook that my newly engaged granddaughter is going to use Ball jars in some way for her wedding reception.  I wonder…

sharing with
Nancy Claeys'

Comments

The ball jars will be beautiful. Trust me.
Loved the movie "Joy Luck Club" -- I imagine the book is very good. xo
Stephanie said…
Hi Norma! Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog - what a sweet surprise :)

Your blog is just wonderful and I look forward to visiting again! May you have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs and blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 355

click here for other cool shots! Blue lights reflected, the date of our fam'ly's start, makes this endearing.

Pondering about My Blog

I've been through quite a bit these past months that I haven't posted.  First, packing and moving and then unpacking . The first step of unpacking was my taking down boxes that were five and six boxes high.  About two weeks after I’d moved and was in the midst of unpacking, I developed horrendous pain in my ribs. I slathered on my gel I use to alleviate Fibromyalgia pain. Realizing that even that was not helping. Trying to make a long story short- Asked for pain pills No help; asked for another kind Doctor wanted to see me Went in- he didn’t understand why I was still in pain Sent me to get x-rays Diagnosis: compressed fracture in my 9th vertebra Cause: osteporosis Now on meds for that I’ve discovered that anytime I overdo, pain comes back, not quite full-blown, but enough that I must stop doing whatever I’m doing. That includes sitting at my computer writing. I wanted to bring my friends up-to-date; I’m pondering whether I should stop blogging altogether o

Quirky Poem

Have humans sat here? Not recently, I think. Perhaps a snow couple rested for a while, and the shadowy remnants of them remain. more Cool Clicks