Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vintage Weekly: My Sweet Aunt

my aunt Billie Rae
dressed up for the wedding 
of her younger brother

She was a marvelous friend as well as an aunt
for she was only five years older than I.
I miss her sweetness and her long
'chapter' letters which would begin
on one day and be continued on another day,
and sometimes sustained for days.

I wish that I had kept all of them,
but I do have the one she wrote to me 
just days before Charles and I married in 1958.

sharing
with Jane's


8 comments:

Viera said...

verry nice tribut to lovely aunt Billie Rae...

Al said...

I wish I had more photos of my relatives, but we didn't take many when I was growing up. And now most of them are on a different continent!

Carver said...

I love the picture of your Aunt. Reminds me of mine. Touching post.

MeOfCourse said...

Lovely picture of your aunt. It's the memories that keep us going.:)

Caren Gittleman said...

what an incredible woman she had to have been!

MeOfCourse said...

Norma, thanks for the info on merging blogs. I will check the link.

Jane said...

Nice image, she looks happy. Thanks for sharing :)

claudieschild said...

Charming memories Nonnie! Your blog is so pretty, a real wow when you see the home page :-)