Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Carpe Diem Sparkling Stars #15: Hanging Our Stockings

Christmas Stockings Haiku

Kristjaan Panneman:
Christmas stockings  
hanging above the fireplace   
awaiting presents

Nonnie's:
no fancy stockings, no fireplace...
only our everyday socks
pinned on a stuffed chair

goodies in our "stockings"...
an orange, ribbon candy, walnuts
food for the gods, no wait- grateful kids!


No stockings here, but it's one of
a few Christmas photos from
my brother's and my childhood.

Joining the fun at
Carpe Diem Sparkling Stars
with the talented 
Kristjaan Panneman
at Carpe Diem Haiku


3 comments:

blogitorloseit.com said...

Very sweet memories, Nonnie :)

Georgia Koch said...

Love reading your haiku and thanks so much for sharing these memories ... which brought back mine as well :-)

Al said...

What a great old Christmas photo. I don't think there are any Christmas photos from when I was growing up, but we have plenty of our kids and grandkids!