Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Nonnie's Photo A Day: Candle Shadow

Soft glowing candle
Bringing ambience to prayers,
Sparking memories

My cousin, who was more like 
a sister, bought this candle holder
for me when she went to Alaska
at a Russian Orthodox gift shop.
She also got me an icon of Mary,
unlike any other image 
I have of the blessed Mother.
So every prayer time I see this candle holder 
and the Mary icon, hanging close by, 
memories are sparked, thus drawing  her near to me. 
I miss her so much.



my cousin Rosemary

Hoosier Quote:
“If you want to know me, my books are the best way, 
for…they furnish a better biography than I can write.”
~Gene Stratton-Porter~


sharing my shadow

hosts:
Gemma Wiseman 
Chubskulit Rose 
Magical Mystical Teacher



10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

What a beautiful tribute to your cousin. Loved that quote as well. Sorry I haven't been by too much. I'm still going out of town every week to my mom's. Mostly home on weekend now and usually post when home. Have a great day. Very nice post.

Ralph said...

Those closest to us seem to know the little things that we will enjoy. To receive a gift she knew you'd love shows that special bond. A loss of someone special is so sad...

colleen said...

Holding the light. Peace.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

But, yet, such a meaningful way to connect with her.

Chandra said...

Pretty picture and a nice way to remember someone dear!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Unusual, enchanting candle holder design creating such a beautiful ambience of light around it when lit.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I love the candle and its soft shadows.

Cobbled Shadows

Norma Ruttan said...

thank you, Chandra

Norma Ruttan said...

So true, Ralph. And like this one, her gifts always touched me.

Anne Jeffries said...

It's easy to overlook the reflective glow of light be it candle or through stained glass. These shadows are often more interesting.