Skip to main content

NONNIE'S PHOTO A DAY: G Is for Gnome


painting by Heinrich Schlitt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnome

If you are like me when you hear the word 'gnome', 
the image above is what comes into your mind.
But when I went to Phronistery, I learned a new meaning.
Chinese gnome or proverb
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. 

On another site, I came across this quote that I found interesting-
“I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than planes.”
~Charles Lindbergh (interview shortly before his death- 1974)








joining other for the fun
created by Mrs. Nesbitt
and hosted this week by Roger



Hoosier Quote:
“Robins are the most indulgent parents of all birds.  
I’ve seen a mother robin lead a youngster right up to a worm 
and point it out, but in spite of all she can do, she finally had to pick it up for the youngster and hand it to him.  Young robins will not work till they just have to.”
~Frank McKinney Hubbard~



Comments

Hildred said…
I was not aware of that meaning for gnome - your example is lovely.
Gattina said…
Like the gnome painting !

Gattina
ABC Team

http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/
GREAT philosophy!

ROG, ABCW
Graham Edwards said…
The Chinese prove is so true! We may think we have the answers but we are all birds at heart.
Uppal said…
Love little birds!
Stephanie said…
Your pictures were so much fun to scroll through :) Thanks for the lovely visit to my blog. Hugs!
Anita (Rosy) said…
Cute painting, and love your wild life.

Popular posts from this blog

A Photo A Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 355

click here for other cool shots! Blue lights reflected, the date of our fam'ly's start, makes this endearing.

Pondering about My Blog

I've been through quite a bit these past months that I haven't posted.  First, packing and moving and then unpacking . The first step of unpacking was my taking down boxes that were five and six boxes high.  About two weeks after I’d moved and was in the midst of unpacking, I developed horrendous pain in my ribs. I slathered on my gel I use to alleviate Fibromyalgia pain. Realizing that even that was not helping. Trying to make a long story short- Asked for pain pills No help; asked for another kind Doctor wanted to see me Went in- he didn’t understand why I was still in pain Sent me to get x-rays Diagnosis: compressed fracture in my 9th vertebra Cause: osteporosis Now on meds for that I’ve discovered that anytime I overdo, pain comes back, not quite full-blown, but enough that I must stop doing whatever I’m doing. That includes sitting at my computer writing. I wanted to bring my friends up-to-date; I’m pondering whether I should stop blogging altogether o

Quirky Poem

Have humans sat here? Not recently, I think. Perhaps a snow couple rested for a while, and the shadowy remnants of them remain. more Cool Clicks