Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Friday, June 26, 2015

HAIKU MY HEART: Summer Serenade



Inspirations:

flute concert
speaking Japanese fluently
the shakuhachi
by Jane Reichhold

sultry night
the sound of the shakuhachi
deepens the silence
by Chevrefeuille

My Haiku:
warm memories of yore
crickets serenading us
delight of fireflies  

sharing with Rebecca's

and 
Kristjaan's

Hoosier Quote:
“When people hear good music, 
it makes them homesick 
for something they never had and never will have.”
~Edgar W. Howe~


13 comments:

judie said...

Lovely Nonnie. Fireflies to light our way. I adore the sound of crickets, and cicadas. and anything else Mother Nature gives us. Especially night sounds.

Lea said...

Oh how I love your sweet symphony of crickets!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I love cricket serenades. Some people don't, but I do!

carol l mckenna said...

Love the 'crickets' serenading ~ lovely haiku!

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol

Georgia Koch said...

:-) love all the little critters in your haiku ... great! Bastet

Gillena Cox said...

love that Hoosier quote; the inspiration of two insects, a wonderful haiku product

have a good weekend Nonnie

much love...

Cathy Keller said...

"Delights of fireflies" is a beautiful image...so lovely in the evening! Have a grand day!

Laura said...

What a beautiful haiku Norma… a perfect summer evening.

gma said...

All of the haiku here are inspiring as well as the shakuhachi.

Mark M. Redfearn said...

I haven't seen fireflies since I was a kid, but I remember being delighted by them.

Janice Adcock said...

Lovely scene! Miss the fireflies.

Kristjaan Panneman said...

Wow Nonnie ... i am speechless ... chapeau!

Norma Ruttan said...

thank you, Kristjaan