Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TUESDAY AFTERNOON: Family Reunion


special reunion
two branches of our family
now so many gone

their spirits remain
sweet uncle, loving husband
pray you’re together

 if heaven grants that
a mighty fine poker game
is open to all

Even though a reunion is usually thought to be special. 
Looking backwards brings to mind the enormity of its value-
 thus it's cherished even more.

linking to 
A SPIRIT OF SIMPLICITY'S 
new meme


Hoosier Quote:
“The best thing about the future 
is that it comes only one day at a time.”
~Abraham Lincoln~


6 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

We recently lost my Aunt Mame at the ripe old age of 87. She was the matriarch of the family. It was certainly a sad occasion but it brought us all together for the first time in decades. I suspect we will be doing more of this as the older generation ages. It's rather a bittersweet way to see family.

Snap said...

Beautiful post. Happy Tuesday!

Karen S. said...

I just adore that quote!

EG CameraGirl said...

Great Dr. Seuss quote. So true!

Norma Ruttan said...

yes, funerals are bittersweet, but I was so hapy that last month my sister-in-law, her children & grandchildren were able to come to celebrate oldest granddaughter's marriage (reception).

mandysea said...

what lovely photos... so true - love the quotes. We do need to value every precious moment together. Your words about the 'mighty fine poker game' did make me smile!