Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

CARPE DIEM CHOKA: Pain of Teaching


Choka-Japanese Long Poem
5-7 5-7 5-7 5-7-7

standing for long hours
cement flooring wreaks havoc
on the teacher’s spine
bringing later throbbing pain 
but dear images
of students’ faces upon
realizing "they got it!"
moving aches to “back burner” 

sharing with 
Kristjaan's


Hoosier Quote:
“Education is the mother of leadership.”
~Wendell L. Willkie~



7 comments:

autumn-8 said...

...very gratifying. Nicely done Nonnie:)

Norma Ruttan said...

thank you

Kristjaan Panneman said...

Great response Nonnie ... nicely written choka.

brudberg said...

You are right.. it only takes that moment.. it was a long time since I taught at university, but I do remember those moments too.

Norma Ruttan said...

thanks, it's good to hear that even in higher learning there are moments like that.

Norma Ruttan said...

thank you, Kristjaan, I wasn't sure that I had kept in the parameters of a choka.

readinpleasure said...

Nonnie, they say the teacher's job is a thankless one but your words prove otherwise. Great take!