Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Monday, February 1, 2016

NONNIE'S PHOTO A DAY, Day 32: Sweets for My Sweetness


his last birthday cake
sweet and oozing with chocolate
his preferred flavor!

Of course, none of us knew it would be his last birthday.  As you can see, I'm not known for my cake decorating. But I did make the cake from scratch and wrote the birthday greeting for him. He enjoyed having his family there to help him celebrate.

linking to Kristjaan's




8 comments:

rhymeswithbug.com said...

nothing sweeter than choclate!

brudberg said...

Oh what a sweet farewell... maybe every birthday cake should be prepared with such love.

lynn__ said...

Oozing chocolate is the best kind of cake :)

glacial caramel(s) said...

Oh my gosh. I can't imagine. All those "lasts" ... small things really are the big things. I think all the time about the things I find annoying in the ones I love and live with, but if any of them were gone, it'd be the irritations I'd miss the most. So quickly they morph into sweet idiosyncrasies.

I love this. I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy for your beautiful memories.

Scratch cakes are the best. I always let my kids make and decorate their own (or at least, help me do it).

Georgia Koch said...

A doubly sweet memory ... and sincerest condolences. Bastet

Carol Campbell said...

Cherished moments!

Caren Gittleman said...

Oh I bet he loved it!
catchatwithcarenandcody

Kristjaan Panneman said...

Memories full of love