Eternally in My Heart

Eternally in My Heart
Lord, grant Charles eternal rest in Your loving arms.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

DAY 303 of NONNIE'SPHOTO A DAY: A Blended Family


Today this family would be called a blended family, but in the late 1930s, they were just a family.  The adults are the Kern siblings (including my mom in white clothes and my dad in the middle) with their spouses, mother and their step-father.  The three children are Duckworth siblings. Grandpa Kern died at age 41 leaving seven children.  I knew only my grandpa Duckworth. Two Kern brothers were not present for the taking of the picture.  Judging from the size of the three younger siblings, I was born two years after this. 

sharing with Jane's
Any bloggers who have vintage photos, 
please join us in sharing them!





1 comment:

Jane said...

A great old photo, thanks for sharing :)