Random 5 Friday
February 21, 2014
1. Dramatic news from oldest granddaughter! Her boyfriend proposed to her on a ski-lift this week.
note: I assembled this ecard for them
with my Creative Memories
Storybook Creator program.
2. Today marks two days of temperatures about freezing mark. However, I still have thick ice still on my driveway. Thus, I’m still walking gingerly when going to my car or the mailbox.
3. I was tickled to scrapbook with my sister-in-law and a friend yesterday evening. We hadn’t met for two months because of inclement weather. I’m working on an album of vintage family photos and ephemera from 60 and 70 years ago.
my mom's mint green Buick
with white hard top
On the back she'd written "my old buddy."
4. I noticed a U-Haul moving van in front of a young couple who lives across from me. We weren’t close, but friendly, we chatted whenever we saw each other. I hope the new neighbors will be as cordial.
5. Our parish has received a book each Christmas from our present pastor since he was assigned here. The book we received this time is Four Signs of a Dynamic Catholic by Matthew Kelly. About 30 of us are meeting on Sunday mornings for six weeks to discuss the book and how we can make the changes in our own lives, consequently in our parish by implementing the positive elements. I find myself peering into my spiritual life and already making some changes, hoping to grow in holiness.
Kelly uses the term “a better-version-of-yourself.” I prefer saying ‘growing in holiness’ since Jesus spoke about becoming "holy, as your Father is holy." Perhaps I’m getting too bogged down in semantics; I hope not because I reflect and work at choosing just the right way to communicate my thoughts.
linking to a wondrous meme
hosted by Nancy Claeys